11/03/2016

The Contentment Project.

It's November, which means it's that time of year again! I have been doing an annual gratitude challenge for the past several years and can't believe it's already time again! I'm going to do a more simplified version this year (due to my little distraction named Lucy) and I'm challenging myself to be content with that! (Oh the irony! Haha.) Previously, I have sent out emails inviting friends in my address book to join in the month-long challenge, but this year I'm going to post each week on my blog/Facebook and extend an invitation to anyone who is interested! You can message me your email address if you'd like for me to send the weekly challenge straight to your inbox, or you can follow along on your own by checking my blog every Monday. Either way, I hope you'll join!

This all started several years ago when our church did their annual "Stewardship Month" series about finances and honoring God with how we use what He's given us. I had also heard the term "No-spend November" thrown around and felt up for a challenge. So I brainstormed a way to incorporate all of the above into something that I named The Contentment Project. I also invited some friends to join in to make things extra fun. Since then, November has become a month for me to slow down, simplify my life, and take account of all that the Lord has blessed me with. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, my heart is much more content and ready to give thanks! 

So, for this challenge, I'm going to DECREASE my focus on stuff and myself and INCREASE my focus on Jesus and on others. Because my relationship with God makes me who I am, and affects everything I do, I simply cannot cut Him out of the picture. The posts I write will be from a faith-based perspective, but you don't have to share my beliefs to join in. There are lots of things that all of us can work on and I hope my thoughts can be encouraging to everyone, no matter what.

Here is what #theContentmentProject entails:

-Commitment to give up extra spending for the entire month of November (We can do it!!!! We are already 3 days into the month anyway ;P)
-Mini-challenges, including fasts from social media/TV/internet
-Weekly Scripture memory
-A weekly email sent out every Monday in November full of encouragement, the weekly challenge and glimpses of God's grace! (I will also post it on my blog)

So that's it! Send me a message or comment below if you want to join in! I'll add you to my weekly email list. 

I'm excited to grow in gratitude with you this month!
-Annie

Seek Kathleen Clipper Day 8 web version

Artwork from http://pursuitcommunity.com/seek-day-8-by-kathleen-clipper/
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment