9/16/2012

Faves & Raves.

Here goes my first installment of 'Faves & Raves'- I hope you like it, Internet. I'm going to attempt to highlight some of my latest favorite and not-so-favorite things every so often and in a non-complaining way, of course. In my middle school and high school Bible study, my friends and I would share with each other "highs & lows" of our week, and during college, the girls in my study would share "happies & crappies." It was a way to share life with each other, the good and the bad, the fun and the un-fun. I always looked forward to having a little weekly window into each girls' life. And I actually miss it (and them) quite a bit. (Looks like I have a few phone calls to make!) So, consider this a one-sided glimpse into my current faves & raves. Here ya go!

~FAVES~

1. Employment! I have been blessed with a full-time, night shift nursing position at a downtown hospital in the Emergency Room. AND my husband and I are going to be co-workers!! What a gift we are so grateful for!! God surely proved His faithfulness yet again- He is so GOOD!!!!!!. So far, I have one week of general orientation down, with a few more days to go. Then, later this week, I have my first night shift as an RN (a Real Nurse!!!!!!) Pray for me!! :)


2. This vinaigrette. Well, the Trader Joe's store in its entirety is really my favorite, but this dressing is amazing too. It tastes so good. I can't get enough of it. Mmmmm MMM. Plus, it's only 45 calories per serving and is low in saturated fat & sugar. Pretty good, right? AND at $2.99 for this lovely glass bottle, I'd say it's a win.








3. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Peony. You never know if you've picked the right shade of lip color until after you've bought it, you're at home, you've opened it, and it's too late to turn back. UNLESS you look at someone else's lips and ask them what their shade is. So I have my mother-in-law to thank for my new favorite go-to lip stuff! (Thanks Jena!!) And it just so happens that peonies are my fave flower so it was really too good to be true. But it was true and it was even 25% off at CVS. Yes.


4. THIS broccoli recipe. It's amaaaazing. In fact, I made it for dinner tonight. And twice last week. Ha! It's baked, not boiled or steamed or pulverized into a soggy, green mush. Click on the link- my mom makes this broccoli and I recently came across the recipe and remembered its amazingness. Taylor loves it and it's so easy to make. Except don't leave it in too long in an oven accidentally set to 500 degrees. I'm really not sure how that happened- but it was bad and dinner was crispy.


~RAVES~

 1. Nightcrawlers in my fridge.  Oh, the neon, sugary, gummy ones, you ask? No. The pink, slimy, squirmy ones. The ones that are ALIVE. I think I can actually hear them slithering around in their styrofoam carton right now. But, it's a reality one has to accept when married to a fisherman. And I wouldn't change it for the world :) You just have to have worms on hand at all times! Right? I know Taylor would remove them if I made a stink about it, but the truth is when they make a stink, they will find themselves in the dumpster outside before they can even wiggle a tail. Or head. Who knows which is which.


2. The news. I simply cannot stand televised disputes between professional news anchor people. You know the breed- two seemingly knowledgeable people facing each other across a table, or tv screen, talking at the same time, in raised voices, about something you can't even decipher because they are talking at the same time. I just found myself watching one and couldn't figure out why my neck was feeling tense and my heart rate was elevated. Then I realized I was watching an argument that didn't seem to have a point or an end. Televised nationally! Good grief. Maybe if I could follow along in the discussion I could appreciate it more? Hmm. I don't know. Craziness.


Well, that's all for the first Faves & Raves, tune in next time for part II!


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment